The Mission

433Eros broadcasts a one hour presentation called "Rocket Ships and Rocking Chairs" on a monthly basis. We have made contact with multiple data streams and plan to unveil many of them after thorough scrubbing.

Please stay tuned and follow us @Erif_Der or @0433eros on twitter or subscribe to our Youtube channel here.

We welcome all transmissions and submissions.

Deavers Out.

Friday, November 7, 2014

Newly Released "Whitewood" EP by 'Barely' @Pete_Reisner Forces the Issue, Compels Technician to Break Station Rules

I desperately try to avoid the statements "sounds like" or "reminds me of" when assessing data streams because I think it can often imply a lack of originality on the parts of both the artist and the tech assigned to study a particular signal, but because Barley's "Whitewood EP " does SO take me back to Pond's early 90's work on Sub Pop, I must, at the very least, allude to it. There. Many astronomers, scientists and great chefs alike have all simply stumbled across great discoveries. Though I do not qualify as great in any of the aforementioned fields, I have certainly stumbled across one of my favorites of 2014. This EP is heavy, melodic, avoids the current indie cliches dutifully and, as previously indicated in this sentence, has enough discordance and grime to hold one's attention. Nice job, Pete.

E.D. Out **//**